Wednesday, January 27, 2021

house fire

Smoke billows from the Great Wall Buffet in Sparta Tuesday, Dec. 29. Herald photo by Pat Mulvaney
Monday, January 4, 2021 - 11:33am
The Great Wall Buffet in Sparta suffered heavy fire and smoke damage Tuesday, Dec. 29, after a fire started in the kitchen. The blaze was one of two structure fires the Sparta Area Fire District responded to last week. They also battled a blaze at a Town of Leon home New Year’s Day, where the sole...
Contributed photos.
Monday, December 21, 2020 - 11:36am
The occupant of a Tomah apartment learned a hard lesson from an early Friday morning fire. The Tomah Fire Department was dispatched to an apartment fire Dec. 18 at 1 a.m. to a triplex at 417 Kilbourn Ave. for the report of a structure fire. Upon arriving at the scene we had flames coming through...
The owner of this house at 114 S. Thayer St. in Sparta ended up in a Madison hospital where he is being treated after escaping the flames through an upstairs window. Contributed photo
Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 10:38am
A Sparta couple escaped with their lives but didn’t escape injury in a house fire that started Monday night. According to Sparta Area Fire District Chief Mike Arnold, his department was dispatched to a reported house fire at 114 South Thayer at 11:49 p.m.  When he arrived, Sparta police were...
Sparta firefighters extinguish flames at garage in rural Sparta ignited by a lightning strike. The fire spread to the house, which also received damage. Contributed photos
Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 10:10am
A lightning strike from a severe storm that blew through the area Tuesday evening caused a fire at a rural Sparta house. According to Sparta Area Fire District Chief Mike Arnold, firefighters responded to the scene at 15758 Hammer Road in the Town of Sparta where lighting started a garage on fire...
Firefighters from the Sparta Area Fire District battle a blaze on Kate Avenue outside of Leon Sunday afternoon. No one was injured in the fire, but the house was left uninhabitable. Contributed photo
Monday, January 27, 2020 - 10:40am
A Leon-area couple escaped injury when their house burned Sunday. William and Susan Lutz along with their pet cat were able to get out of the single-family dwelling at 6961 Kate Avenue in the Town of Leon and call 911. The Sparta Area Fire District Department responded to the call shortly after 12:...
The site of a house fire on St. Mary’s Ridge Monday night was still a smoldering ruins Wednesday morning. The occupants of the house escaped without injury. Herald photo by Pat Mulvaney
Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 10:20am
The Cashton Fire Department responded to a fire on Monday that destroyed a house on St. Mary’s Ridge. Cashton Fire Chief Al Erickson said the two occupants of the house, a young Amish couple, escaped safely and ran to a neighboring farm to call 911. Firefighters responded to the scene at 26239 Cty...

Evans Print & Media Group

1302 River Rd.
P.O. Box 252

Sparta, WI 54656-0252

Office Number: (608) 269-3186
Fax Number: (608) 269-6876
Email: 
news@monroecountyherald.com

 

Comment Here