Sparta Area Fire District Department


Equipment applying anhydrous ammonia into the ground on a farm in the Town of New Lyme Tuesday, failed and leaked the dangerous gas into the air. Contributed photo
The cause of an incident in the Town of New Lyme involving an anhydrous ammonia leak was determined to be a computer glitch that left a valve open on the equipment that was “knifing” the hazardous chemical into the ground. Both the Sparta Area Fire District Department and the Monroe County HAZMAT...

Evans Print & Media Group

1302 River Rd.
P.O. Box 252

Sparta, WI 54656-0252

Office Number: (608) 269-3186
Fax Number: (608) 269-6876
Email: 
news@monroecountyherald.com